Careers at The La Crosse Club
We are always looking for people that are as passionate about this club as we are! Browse our open positions below.
The La Crosse Club
- 30-40 hours per week
- Flexible schedule
- Tips only when working events without bartender/staff
The La Crosse Club is seeking an individual to work as the General Manager in La Crosse, WI.
Located in La Crosse, Wisconsin, The La Crosse Club was established in 1882. The La Crosse Club was established, not with ideals to change the world, but to make the world more enjoyable for its members. The Club has seen La Crosse change from a river town with mud streets and wood sidewalks, to a small city of great beauty and modernity. It has seen the recreational needs of its members change from cigars and checkers to professional meetings and business lunches. Throughout the many trials, changes, and challenges, the La Crosse Club’s purpose has remained constant: to provide a comfortable locale for intelligent conversation and relaxing pleasure. To learn more about The La Crosse Club, please visit the website www.lacrosseclub.org
The General Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the course including its activities and the relationships between the course and its customers, employees, and community. The General Manager will direct the work of all club staff, implement and monitor the budget, monitor the quality of the clubs products and services, as well as ensuring maximum member and guest satisfaction. The General Manager will ensure that a dedicated team of professionals is in place to effectively execute the clubs business plan, and hold them accountable to meet defined operating standards, measure and achieve a high level of member satisfaction, while achieving the stated financial objectives of the club. The General Manager will work closely with the Board of Governors to continue implementing initiatives and processes set forth by The La Crosse Club Board.
- The General Manager (GM) will report directly to the Board of Governors. The GM will be responsible for all staff, operations, programming, finances, facilities and department operations including annual and monthly budgets.
- The GM will be required to operate the club in a fiscally responsible manner. This would include ensuring that the budgets, as adopted by the Board of Governors, are adhered to and the ability to present monthly financial reports to the board while effectively explaining variances if and when they occur.
- Consistently ensures that the club is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a fundamental management philosophy to guide all club personnel toward optimal results, employee morale and member/guest satisfaction.
- Serve as the community liaison for the club. Meet with special interest groups to positively impact growth in membership and event business.
- Consistently demonstrate high level of visibility at the appropriate times to insure member, guest, and daily fee satisfaction, always projecting a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work with and attend all pertinent meetings as it relates to the Board of Governors and the operation of business.
The Club has identified the following personal traits they believe the next General Manager will need to possess to be successful.
- The ideal candidate will have a progressive career path with a proven record of providing outstanding Club Operations at the highest possible level
- Passion for the art and dignity of club management
- Exhibits values and integrity at the highest level
- This individual will possess high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, both written and verbal, with appropriate personal presence, desire and ability to interact with members, guests and staff
- A Team Builder – A person who embodies the person of ultimate coach and motivator, someone who brings out the very best in those around him or her by setting clear goals and expectations, providing consistent feedback and support, and who is respectful and professional in all interpersonal dealings
- A confident, diplomatic and competent person who recognizes the importance of accountability and possesses the strength to make decisions.
- Capable of managing budgets and financial forecasting with an understanding of all of the facilities operations fiscal dynamics
- A personable individual with a sense of humor and style that is appropriate with the culture and expectations of a friendly, fun and supportive membership/team of associates
- Work independently, be a self-starter and problem solver
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Hospitality, or other related field is preferred
- Experience as a Manager or equivalent supervisory position is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an eye for detail
- A proven track record of high customer satisfaction
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (e.g. friendly, outgoing, confident, and enthusiastically cultivating positive relationships with members, guests, events, and staff)
Apply Now for the General Manager Position
We want to hear from you! Please fill out this application form and we will be in touch.